FORESTS FOR ALL TWINING SCHOOLS AND CULTURES
In a response to the alarming rate of global deforestation, a passionate group of determined students have proposed the development of a worldwide initiative, "The World School Championship, (WSC), 2016". The WSC will work to counteract the devastation and affects of this loss by challenging schools worldwide to fundraise for 18 reforestation projects in four continents. All class participants will receive a diploma for their involvement and a World Championship Award will be given at the end of 2016.
On an environmental governance platform, the replanting of trees provides fruits for the nutrition of children, helps to protect existing trees, provides active and applied learning in sustainable agricultural practices, slows local and global climate change, preserves biodiversity of plants and animals and works toward eliminating poverty and malnutrition.
Students will benefit by their understanding of working together toward a healthier and more peaceful world. They will have access to a website to follow goals and achievements of this initiative, how their work and dedication facilitates environmental change, and encourages their communication with other cultures to build an ecological education network. Students will create contacts from one country to another, growing not only trees, but also lifelong bonds with a commitment to the environment. In the long term, this shapes a more peaceful and nurturing planet.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
SCHOOLS: TEACHERS & STUDENTS
Participate in the WORLD SCHOOL CHAMPIONSHIP FOR REFORESTATION,
...and receive a trip to your project of choice!!!
We challange students, aged 12-16, to compete in this annual championship with their school class to fundraise as a solution to the crisis of deforestation.
- Each participating classroom will, through this unique networking opportunity, partner with a student in another region of the globe. These teams will work together with the end goal of realizing the vision of the WSC - connecting youths worldwide for direct action to a growing crisis.
- The winning team will:
- receive the "2016 Reforestation Award Medal", a certificate from the United Nations Environmnet Program (UNEP), to be given at Bonn, Germany
- travel to the project of their choice!!!
UNEP stands for United Nations Environment Programme. It is United Nation’s agency that leads environmental activies and the implementation of environmentally sound policies and practices. Founded in 1972, UNEP has since made possible several regulations and projects protecting the environment, most notably the Kyoto Protocol in 1997. UNEP is headquartered in Kenya, its Executive Director is Achim Steiner and its Goodwill Ambassador is Gisele Bündchen.
Find out more: unep.org, twitter.com/unep, facebook.com/unep.org
BENEFITS FOR STUDENTS AND TEACHERS
will benefit by...
- understanding of working together toward a healthier and more peaceful world.
- receiving tools to change the world.
- creating contacts from one country to another, growing not only trees, but also lifelong bonds with a commitment to the environment.
- building an ecological education network.
- free access to a website to follow goals and achievements on this initiative.
will benefit by...
- having an opportunity to enlighten their students about the world around them with a very real, ongoing global problem.
- engaging in an empowering and ongoing task encouraging exchanges of ideas, important decision making, creative plans for fundraising, etc.
- free access to material and lesson plans related to reforestation.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE STEP-BY-STEP
You can get in touch with Peter Claesson or Doris Downes, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit www.wscreforestation.org/faqs.html
Did you know"
You can find a log of fundraising and informative material on our website
BUSINESSES AND INDIVIDUALS
Any business, corporation or individual interested in this project can financially support our initiative. On the homepage of our website, there is an special link that allows donating.
We will promote the alliances fo our Sponsors in our WSC marketing materials and the website of our project. All sponsors will have access to the growth of the WSC initiative.
You can purchase several packages and also decide on what exactly your money will be spent on.